Does that title slightly confuse you and draw you in to read my blog?
Good.
And here's an added plus: It's relevant!
So I'll start by explaining how the sky relates to the 3 degrees of glory.
If you're a Mormon and you've ever gone to Sunday school, you already know.
Heaven=3 kingdoms; Telestial, Terrestrial, and Celestial.
Telestial is the lesser.
Terrestial is next best.
Celestial is the bestest.
Well, the scriptures relate their glory to stars, moon, and sun. Hence: the sky.
Telestial=Stars.
Terrestrial=Moon.
Celestial=Sun.
(see 1 Corinthians 15:40-41)
So, have you figured out how conception is to marriage?
I was writing a paper about abortion the other day,
(btw, I loathe abortion),
and I read a quote from a General Authority
(I can't remember who but I can look it up when I get home).
It spoke of how conception occurs when two cells join together to form one living organism which will grow to become a human being.
Do you see the relation?
When a marriage occurs, a man and a woman join together to from one living entity which has limitless potential.
If you think about it a little harder, there's all sorts of neat insights one can gain from this metaphor
(like how you need two different cells to make a human embryo, you can't smush two sperm or two ova together and make anything from it).
So, in conclusion, Conception is to Marriage as the Sky is to the 3 Kingdoms of Heaven because one is a type of the other.
" True types will have noticeable points of resemblance, show evidence of divine appointment, and be prophetic of future events."
I love these little insights I gain when studying. :)
3 comments:
When you said "it's relevent" i thought oh she's going to tell us she's going to have a baby. haha
hahaha ^that^ totally would have been classic!
I like this. A lot. Excellent thoughts.
Post a Comment