Tuesday, May 1, 2012

6 Months!

Now that school is done and my life is a lot more relaxed, I thought it would be a great time for another post!

Paisley is 6 months old now! It's gone by so fast! It feels like it's only been a month! I've gotten so used to changing diapers, washing clothes, and soothing her that it easy now. I love her more every day!

However, since it's been so long since I posted I had better rewind  pretty far and go over all the major things that have happened.

Paisley has always been such a good baby and I am proud to be her mama. She doesn't fuss much, she's never really spit up much, and every major transition has gone pretty smoothly. Not long after Paisley was born she started sleeping most nights. Not sleeping through the night but she would only wake up to eat and then usually go right back to sleep. But once the sun was up, she was up too! Sometimes it was difficult to get her to fall asleep in her bassinet because she preferred sleeping in our bed with us (and because I would fall asleep while feeding her and wake up a few hours later and she'd be hungry again...) but even though we loved snuggling with her we tried to get her to sleep in her bassinet when we could. 
Paisley's first time in her crib.

Paisley loved the wrap!

She did go through a phase at about 2 months when she cried often, but mostly in the evenings which happened to be the best for me because Myles would be home and we could take turns soothing her. 

This year we did Christmas morning in our home with just our little family. It was modest, but fun! We got most of Paisley opening her presents on video so we can remember it forever. Then soon after opening gifts we rushed over to Fiona's house and went to church with my family. she had such a pretty Christmas dress! 
The day after Christmas was her baby blessing. We did a small gathering in our church building (not a sacrament meeting) and gave her a blessing with family present. We chose the day after Christmas because my family was in town for the holiday and we didn't want them to have to make a separate trip. After the blessing we had refreshments and took some pictures. My mom and mom-in law have those pictures. If I can get my hands on them I'll post them. Myles family stayed for a little while and Paisley loved spending time with all her Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Grandparents while they were here. I think she liked the attention!

For her first Valentines day I got Paisley a cute little outfit and a new book to read to her about God's love for his children. She likes books but she mostly just chews on them. Although for a while she enjoyed turning the pages! When she was 3 1/2 months she started rolling over. Once she got the hang of that, we couldn't get her to stop! Any time we would lay her down on her back she would roll onto her tummy. Then it wasn't long before she learned to roll the other way too! It was her favorite method of travel.

When Paisley turned 4 months old we made a whole bunch of changes all at once. First, we started putting her in her crib in the nursery to sleep. This meant letting her "cry it out" to get to sleep. After only a few nights of crying she started going to sleep by herself very well.  We started this because our pediatrician said it was time. As soon as she started sleeping in the nursery she started sleeping for longer periods of time at night- at least 5 hours. She also started sucking her thumb! I guess since she didn't have me to give her her pacifier every 2 minutes she needed to find something else to suck on to soothe herself. We also had to provide her first bottle of formula when she was 4 months old. I had so much going on with school and taking care of her that I failed to pump enough milk to feed her while I was at school. Myles said she loved the formula which is good because it made it easy for us, but I was a little sad because I wanted her to prefer my milk. I sort of regret starting her on formula because since then I have had a few struggles producing all the milk she needs. I'm hoping my supply will build up again soon.

Now she is 6 months old and she is sleeping 7+ hour stretches at night, getting up onto her hands and knees, rolling/scooting around the house, putting everything she can reach in her mouth, sitting up without support (for short periods of time) and smiling at everyone who talks to her! Everyone loves her and I don't blame them. She is the cutest!

Paisley I love you so much and I can't believe how much you've grown! You are so strong and smart, you amaze me every day! You mean so much to me and I hope I can be the mother you deserve. You make me so happy, and I hope I can extend that happiness back to you. I love you!

2 comments:

Aubrey Denton said...

What a sweet and loving momma you are, Melodie! Thanks for posting, it's fun to hear what's going on in your life with your new little lady. :)

Lauren Rae said...

I am so happy to hear what is going on! I can't believe how cute she is... I guess when she has the parents she does it is inevitable. ;) Good luck with everything and hopefully we can come down soon to visit!