Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Time is Here


I love Christmas time! We put up our AWESOME fresh tree that Myles got for free and it looks beautiful! It could maybe use a little more decor but I love it! We even put up lights outside our house in the bushes and around the door! It's great! We are so festive this year. I wish we had more decorations, especially a nativity.
I have gotten so many uplifting messages about Christ I have truly been edified and my testimony of Christ has been strengthened. I want to remind everyone about what Christmas is truly about so I have a little Christmas thought to share.

Alma 7:11-12

“And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith that he shall take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people”

“And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.”

Christ was not required to experience our pains, sicknesses, and sorrows for the plan of God to be carried out and the world to be redeemed of their sins. He suffered these things “that he may know according to the flesh how to succor [aid] his people according to their infirmities.” Christ chose to suffer every sorrow, pain, affliction and grief we will experience; and all this out of pure love. In Him we have a constant loving friend and the only One who can honestly say He knows exactly what we are going through. He gives us His pure empathy and charity.

If Christ has given us so great a gift, what can we give to Him this holiday season as we celebrate His coming to this earth in a tabernacle of clay? “Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another” (1 John 4:11). How will you show your love for your fellow men and women this Christmas season and show your gratitude for Christ’s perfect love?


No comments: