Myles mandates this preface: Once when we were talking, I told Myles that "sometimes every girl wants to feel like a princess".
In Myles' ward in Texas he met Art Rascon and his wife, Patty. For those of you who don't recognize the name, Art Rascon is a famous ABC reporter who has won tons of awards and has an awesome house and basically he's super rich.
Myles had told me that on my first night in Texas they had invited him and all his work buddies over for a karaoke night because they have tons of awesome karaoke equipment. So we go to their house, and sure enough, they have a special room with a stage, mics, TONS of karaoke CDs, huge speakers, and every bit of sound equipment you could need! They were even recording all the songs. I met Patty Rascon, and she goes off about everything that Myles told her about me, and how I'm a Broadway star... (Rolls eyes)... Thanks for talking me up Myles. haha!
So the music starts, and I get up and sing a few songs, and so do some other people. After those first few songs Myles tells me that I HAVE to sing at least 4 or 5 songs, because everyone is here to hear me sing! --This is when I start getting a little suspicious.
So he asks me to sing a few songs from Enchanted. I agree and tell Patty the songs I'm singing for him. She says "Oh Melodie, you're going to think I'm so cheesy, but I have these princess costumes and I know that every girl loves to feel like a princess sometimes, so will you put one on for when you sing the song?" --Now I'm even more suspicious. I agree and she takes to the room right next to the karaoke room, where she has several gowns already laid out on the bed. --Now I REALLY know that something is going on! I choose this white gown with huge poofy sleeves and bows all over it. It looked like the gown she wears on enchanted! I HAD to choose it! It turned out that it was actually Patty's old wedding dress! Patty also put a tiara on me. But remember, everything was being video recorded.
I walk back into the karaoke room and Myles is dressed in a purple robe and a crown. I laugh, go onstage and start singing. Most of the time, Myles just stands next to me, looking handsome. Once I get halfway though 'True Love's Kiss', right at the part where Prince Edward comes in to sing "You're the fairest maid I've ever met..." I hand Myles the mic to sing. He is so nervous that he can't sing! So I start singing his part and he freaks out and grabs the mic from me.
Then, like a dream, he looks at me and says "Princess Melodie, I, Prince Myles, do invite you to take a walk with me through all eternity as my Queen". Then, perfectly timed with the music, he gets on one knee. his best friend Austin comes up and kneels also with a velvet pillow with the ring laying on top. Myles takes the ring, looks up at me, and says "Melodie, will you marry me?"
I of course said yes! I freaked out, the ring is gorgeous,
we hugged, and kissed, and it was PERFECT! He really did practice it so that he would pop the question right when the music was at it's peak! Myles says that when he was proposing, it was like he couldn't see or hear anything else. It was just me, and him, and he almost forgot that Austin had the ring! I felt the same way. I was so thrilled that I could only see and hear him.Last, at the end of the song, Myles looks into my eyes and says:
4 comments:
oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!! aww!!! i'm so happy for you melodie!!!!!! :D
Gosh darn it Melodie- you made me cry! I love you girl! I know you both will be very happy!
ok, so i am sooo happy Myles came up with something to do!! i remember walking with him a few times trying to come up with a few ideas he could do....i must say that this was the most perfect way, the most amazing way he could propose!! i am so happy for you both!! i love you both!!
haha sooo cute! I miss you babe! Congrats to Myles and you! Can't wait for the wedding!
Post a Comment