It's been so long since I've written, it should be a sin! Especially with all that is happening to me! And still, I have no idea what I'm going to write.
Well, I went back to BYU full time winter semester, and lived in Wyview. I loved it! The apartments are so nice, and so inexpensive! it's a miracle! However, being in a freshman ward had it's ups and downs. Because I came in new in the Winter semester, and most members of the ward had been there since Fall, I was "the new girl". Being the new girl has it's benefits, but there are drawbacks as well. Benefits: Everyone else is pretty comfortable with themselves where they are so it's easier to get to know people; jump right into the parties! The guys in the ward love me, I'm a novelty, so I get a lot of attention. Drawbacks: BecauseI get the attention other girls used to get, the girls all hate me- and the fact that I am innately a shameless flirt doesn't help. GOSSIP! Yep, I'm everyone's favorite subject to gossip about.
So this is what it was like starting out in my freshmen ward.
In the midst of all of this drama, I met a Returned Missionary name Myles Porter. He was also new. I wasn't interested at first, but was soon struck by his charm. Suddenly, I realized why all the other girls loved to gossip about him as well!Well, after I developed my crush, I asked him on a date. Soon afterwards we started dating, and he fell in love with me. I actually decided today that I must have magical powers and am simply unable to harness them, because I have no idea how I got him to fall in love with me so quickly- especially considering that he was determined not to date me when he first entered the ward. I eventually fell in love with him as well, and we started discussing marriage. Now, we are getting married! But no ring yet, I will have to blog the proposal story later. :)
He is the best thing that has ever happened to me! He has taught me so much, and being with him has brought me closer to my heavenly father, and strengthened my testimony. I can't wait to be sealed to him for eternity!
Right now he is in Texas, doing summer sales. It's hard being away from him, but somehow we continue to love each other more and more every day.
I am now in my Spring term at BYU, on a scholarship. How I ended up with a scholarship at BYU, I have no idea! But I am truly blessed, and so grateful for this miracle! I'm serving as ward chorister, and still working at Franklin Covey. I nanny for my big sister on fridays, and get paid almost nothing for it! oh well, it's more a service to her, than a way to make money. And I am learning so much about what it's like to be a mother! it's great preparation for the far future when I will have children of my own! I love my life! But I can't wait to move forward, and begin my life with Myles! I couldn't imagine a better eternity. :)
I'll try to blog more! There are so many details I left out, but this is the summary! If you have any questions about how things are going with me, feel free to give me a call and ask!
2 comments:
You're baaaaaaaaack to blogging! *Aubrey thirstily gulps up Melodie's story*. Aah.
Isn't it lovely putting down life's happiness in writing? Luv ya, Melodie.
Ok...you KNOW I'm going to be watching your kids for free when you are STILL going to school at BYU...so just be glad for the 50 bucks!!
Post a Comment