Now that I'm all grown up, I have to learn to cook fish myself. Unfortunately, I don't have pounds of fresh trout in my freezer so I buy my fish at the grocery store, but I enjoy it just as much. Yesterday I had a particularly delicious fillet of Salmon. So delicious in fact, that my taste buds have never felt so good in my life! It pretty much blew my mind.

In the past I have broiled my fish but I was getting mixed results with broiling so I tried baking this time. For instructions on how to broil, go here.
I used this salmon marinade and baked it according to the directions in this video (My fillets were pretty thin so I just didn't bake it as long). I love allrecipes.com and I use it all the time! I left out the peanut oil and the salt in the marinade because some of the reviews said it was good without the oil, or it was too salty. Well I ended up putting salt on top of the fish so you don't have to leave out the salt. While this marinade was good, I think I like this Teriyaki Salmon marinade better. But the thing that made last night's salmon so AWESOME was the fresh lime juice I smothered it in! OH MY GOSH!
This wonderful experience has inspired me to hunt for an amazing citrus glaze for fish, and also to make the perfect fish tacos (I am a big fan of Rubio's grilled fish tacos). Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Glad you liked the teriyaki salmon. I will have to put the fresh lime juice on...that sounds delish!
Post a Comment