If I were a nun I would be like Fraulein Maria. Why?
I would always get in trouble for singing.
Music is beautiful, wonderful, joyful, and expressive. i don't think I could keep myself from singing even if it were a sin! Good thing it's not then! When I am singing, I forget about everything else, and just lose myself in the words, the tune, and try not to criticize all the mistakes I am making. It gives such great joy!
I would run through the hills barefoot.
A great young man once said "The natural man is an enemy to God. The natural body is not. Barefoot is best." Of course he was a crazy ape-man, but still! Bare feet, and the feel of cool grass, were meant to go together. and running through the hills with the breeze in your face, AND cool grass beneath your bare feet? There is no greater feeling. :)
I would teach kids how to sing, have fun, and I would love them until they loved me back!
Discipline can only go so far. I heard this quote once: "people don't care what you know, until they know that you care." I loved it the moment I heard it! Of course we all need respect, but when we have respect, and a feeling of mutual love; peace and joy are not so difficult to find. :)
I would end up giving it all up to marry a rich, handsome man who plays guitar and sings with his children.
I'm Melodie. need I explain?
"How do you solve a problem like Maria?" [a.k.a. Melodie ;]
2 comments:
"How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?"
Always nice to hear things about your personality, both known and unknown! :)
Aubrey, I love you! And your blog posts are amazing! I aspire to be like you in almost every way! :) WE PLAY WHEN I COME TO AZ!!!!! Yes? yes. :)
Post a Comment