Friday, October 28, 2011

False Labor...

... is no fun. No I haven't gone to the hospital thinking I was in labor and been turned away, thank goodness! But it is still very frustrating.
Early Wednesday morning I woke up to some strong contractions and I was noticing some other signs of labor too. I was excited because I thought it meant I would go into labor within the next 48 hours or so... but then all of Wednesday passed... and all of Thursday... and now it's Saturday. I definitely think I should have been in real labor by now. The worst part is that the contractions get strong, frequent, and painful in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping, and they keep me awake! And then as soon as I get out of bed they get weak and far apart. This means I wake up excited thinking it's time, then become quickly disappointed as I realize it's still false labor and then I sit around the house all day tired and bored because I can't plan anything in case I do go into labor, which could happen at any minute. By the way, did I mention that contractions hurt? One good thing though, they have been getting more frequent and strong over the past few days, even the ones during the day. That means I'm making progress. It's not for nothing!

Come on sweet baby girl. We're ready for you. We're just waiting to hold you in our loving arms.

No comments: