Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chrstmas & New Years

I figured while I am actively avoiding my reading I could update everyone about my holiday!

We had Christmas in Idaho with Myles family this year. I have to admit, I was a bit worried about my first Christmas away from home being a disappointment. I had heard from friends that I should be prepared to cry because the first Christmas away from home is always really hard, but I was determined to do my best to make it a good Christmas regardless.

Well, I guess I married into the right family because Christmas ended up being perfect! We opened presents (I was surprised how many presents we actually got from Santa! Although that's not what Christmas is about), played games, went sledding, did crafts, ate LOTS of food, and played with our puppy! I felt very at home the whole time and I am so grateful for what a great Christmas it was.

However, I think this was my worst year as far as gift-giving goes. None of them were really awesome and Myles even returned his for something different. Oh well, I tried. It's the thought that counts, right?

New Years was also fabulous because my Mom and sister were in town! All the Stapley girls together! I don't know why but having all the girls together is always fun for me. Some of the best parts were on New years day when we went sledding, and the next monday when I helped Kaisa and Everett (My niece and nephew) bake cookies! And we decorated them too! Mom made cute aprons for everyone in the family and we had a great time. I love my family!

No comments: