The next day he got a phone call from his Mom. We come to find out that he really is engaged to the girl he had been dating (Natasha Dudley) and they are getting married in 3 days!
We know everyone must assume that they got married so quickly because of adultery or pregnancy but that's not the case! Certain personal circumstances led them to decide to get married quickly. They both prayed about this decision and know it's right for them. I couldn't be more happy for them!
I was able to throw a small bridal shower for Tasha, gave her some awesome gifts, and got to know her a little better. She is such a strong, sweet girl. I'm proud to be her sister!
Tasha and Erin, now sisters!
The wedding the next day was a very small, private wedding with just Myles' immediate family and the Bishop who married them. It was so touching to hear all the wise words about marriage from the bishop and then see them take their vows. What a special and happy moment for them! I was glad to be there.
After the wedding they opened a few gifts and we had a yummy and filling lunch. We had decorated their car and everyone watched as they drove away to their honeymoon as husband and wife! Yay!
Once all the wedding festivities were over we went back to the ranch. I finally got to ride horses with Myles! It was so neat to see him talk to the horses and use his expertise to get them to do what he needed. As we rode up onto a hill a deer ran out in front of us! It was cool.
We also went to Deer Cliff Inn where Myles used to work as a cook. My entire plate was deep fried food. Oh my goodness. I think I'm going to have a heart attack it was so delicious.
On our way home from the Inn we stopped by grandma Porter's house and she had more family visiting so we were able to spend some wonderful time getting to know Myles side of the family a little better.
It was a very good trip to Idaho. :)
By the way, I've heard some people are having trouble viewing my blog. it should come up with the URL melodieporter.blogspot.com It's a public blog. Any insight on why some people can't view it?
No comments:
Post a Comment